Tuesday 5 April 2011

5 April- Internet Saftey

What?
This week we learned all about internet safety in the classroom. This is a really serious issue that I didn't know much about before.
As a teacher I really need to be aware of what I assign my students to do online because there are a number of bad places that I could unintentionally lead them. It would probably be very helpful for me to collaborate with other teachers and parents about what needs to be done to keep the internet searching safe.
It is also important for me as a teacher to discourage any form of bullying and in this case cyber bullying.
As a start to this I need to eliminate any type of bullying in my classroom and help all the students understand the importance of respecting each other. Nothing should be said online that one would not say in front of the person he or she is talking about. As an English teacher I need to emphasize the use of good appropriate websites in order to keep my students away from the trashy ones. There are a number of good websites to do research.

Now What?
What does this technology mean to my future students? How does this new information change my current schema? How will this information change the type of teacher I will be in the future? What kinds of assignments can I give my students so that they are engaged and so that they can collaborate with other students both within and without the school? How will this help me to become a better future teacher? How will this information help me to become a better future colleague? How can this information change the type of collaboration we engage in ...in our department? This is where you discuss your passions, emotions, and beliefs for the future. This should be about 1 paragraph long.

No comments:

Post a Comment