Monday 18 April 2011

Lessons Learned

I really enjoyed the article entitled "Why Integrate Technology." The author really got down to the nitty gritty. I agree that there are so many ways to use technology in the classroom, and teachers are not taking advantage of the opportunities. I learned about the benefits of using technology in the classroom. I have always thought that using technology in the classroom would be more distracting for students; this article suggested that technology actually helps students stay on task during class and it helps them concentrate. The images and sounds really fit into their learning styles and should be embraced and not neglected.
Wow, the shift happens video was crazy. The line that sums it all up is the one that said, "Sometimes size does matter." I knew that China had so many people but this video really puts those numbers into perspective. The scary thing is that since those countries will have much more advanced students then the us it means that foreigners and immigrants will be taking the jobs that Americans are continually becoming more and more unqualified for. The other fact that really blew my mind was the idea that jobs are becoming more and more advanced to the point that they cannot be taught in school because it hasn't been invented or developed yet.
"Millennial Generation" really opened my eyes to the world of portable media. I do not have a smart phone myself and so even the small concepts were surprising to me, like watching television on a telephone. I thought the concept of removing credit cards off of the market was fascinating. I didn't even know that we were approaching that sort of business. It is comforting to know that my credit cards could not be stolen if I don't have any.

No comments:

Post a Comment